Ducklings preschool is now full for our 2023 academic year intake,
please contact us if you wish to secure a space for September 2024 onwards!
Ducklings class offer a fantastic preschool provision in the heart of Charing School. We provide care for children from 2 – 4 years of age.
As well as an inviting, stimulating learning environment indoors, we have a wonderfully adventurous outdoor space and undercover outdoor classroom.
In Ducklings class we support each other to: explore all areas of learning, further our development and work towards our goals whilst building bonds, having fun and opening our minds to endless possibilities.
For each of your Ducklings we will support their learning and development by using the EYFS – Birth to 5 Matters.
This is comprised of seven areas of learning:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- Communication and language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Within each area of learning there are 6 different ranges and an early learning goal. We will support your Duckling to achieve their goals by providing stimulating, fun environments and activities allowing them to learn through play.
Please note that attendance at Ducklings Preschool does not mean a guaranteed space in Rabbits (our reception class).
Please email email@example.com for more information, to book a show around or apply for a space here with us.
Ducklings preschool offer the following sessions:
- Full day 9am-3pm
- Morning session 9am-12pm
- Afternoon session 12pm-3pm
There is also the option for your Duckling to attend breakfast club and after school club within the main school:
- Breakfast club 7:45am-9am
- After school club 3:10pm-5:45pm
- We accept 2, 3 and 4 year old funding through the Free Early Education government funding.
- All children are entitled to 15 hours funding the term following their 3rd birthday. Some children may be eligible to claim the extended funding, up to 30 hours a week.
- In order to claim funding the term after your child’s 2nd birthday you will need to meet certain criteria.
- To find out more information on funding; when and how much you can claim, please visit the Childcare Choices website.
Our fees are:
2 year old’s £5.50 per hour
3 and 4 year olds £5 per hour
Lunch session 12-12:30pm (if not staying for a full day) – additional £3
Breakfast club – £6
After school club – £12