Sport Premium Funding
Sport Premium Funding is additional funding given to schools to enable them to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
Guidelines state that schools can use their funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
At Charing, we use the funding:
- To improve the provision of PE at Charing School
- To broaden the sporting opportunities and experiences available to pupils
- To develop a love of sport and physical activity
- To allow children to take part in sporting competitions
Please click on the links below to see how we intend to spend the funding in 2019-2020.