Charing Church and school have had a close and fruitful connection since the foundation of Charing Church of England School in 1873.
The history of Charing Church goes back a lot further, with the building of the present structure having started at the end of the 11th century.
Charing Church has been added to over the years and unbroken Christian worship has continued to this present day.
Links between Church and School in Charing are as strong today as ever. The Rector leads weekly worship, which parents are welcome to attend and serves on the Governing Body. The school regularly visit the Church for services including Christmas, Easter and the School Leavers’ Service, as well as other major festivals.
The Rector and members of the congregation participate in and support curricular activities in school which are exploring areas of Church life, for example marriage or baptism, and the school use the Church building as a resource both in their direct learning and in their spiritual, social and cultural development. Children from the school attend Diocesan School Days in the Cathedral.
Joys and concerns in both school and church are shared and held in common and mutual support is given to each other’s events.